A reminder about the new terms used in BeyondBarre…With the latest manual revision I wanted to create more logical nomenclature for the BeyondBarre Progressions, which would in turn make choreographing the workouts simpler to follow and create. After much consideration the name of the 8 segments of the BeyondBarre workout has been changed to BeyondBarre “Elements” from “Progressions”. The 8 new Element titles for the BeyondBarre Basics education level are as follows:
- High Barre – formerly known as Standing Barre
- Mid Barre – formerly known as Mid-Level Barre
- Low Barre – formerly known as Low Barre
- Floor Work – formerly known as Mat Work
- – Abdominal Work
- – Rolling Work
- – Center Work
- Visual Guide – The instructor may choose to have the clients guide their own body into the correct position. Having the client look down at their own positioning or look into a mirror to see their positioning can do this.
- Touch Guide – The instructor physically guides the client into a proper position or movement.
- Surround Guide – Without touching the client, the instructor uses their hands to restrict the client’s movement and so creates the limits for the movement.
Read The Manual: