<![CDATA[Makes about 16 bars
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil, plus a little more for greasing
- 2/3 cup / 160ml unsalted nut or seed butter of your choice
- 2/3 cup / 160ml brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- heaping ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup / 40g raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 4 cups / 200g puffed brown rice crisps
- 1 cup / 150g hulled hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- a few pinches flaky sea salt (Maldon works perfectly)
- 3-4 Tbsp. freeze-dried raspberries
1. Rub a little coconut oil in an 7″x11″ (20x30cm) baking pan.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the nut butter, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, vanilla and fine salt, and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in the cacao powder until thoroughly incorporated.
3. Add the puffed brown rice, hemp seeds, chia, and stir quickly to combine, then pour the mixture into your baking pan and press firmly (using the back of a large spoon or spatula rubbed with a little coconut oil really helps). Once smooth and even, generously sprinkle the top with the freeze-dried raspberries and flaky salt. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up, then slice into bars or squares and enjoy. Store the bars in a tightly sealed container in the fridge or freezer.