- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 onions (medium, roughly chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- 21/2 cups potatoes (2 medium cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 21/2 cups zucchini (2 medium, loosely chopped)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 cup cilantro (loosely chopped)
- 1 lemon
In a large, thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot (but not smoking) add the garlic and onions and saute for a few minutes along with pinch of salt – just until they soften up a bit. Stir in the potatoes and zucchini. Add the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft throughout, roughly 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, and wait for it to wilt, just ten seconds or so. Now stir in the cilantro. Puree with a hand blender until smooth. Whisk in a big squeeze of lemon juice. Now taste, and add more salt if needed. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve.