<![CDATA[Poaching may be the tried and true method for cooking asparagus, but roasting adds a deeper flavor. Just toss the asparagus in the oven to cook alongside fish or chicken, and dinner is served. Ingredients:
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the upper third.
- On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus with the olive oil until evenly coated. Arrange in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5 minutes, shake the pan, then roast until just tender when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes more.