- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, or 1 stalk fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4-5 cups organic vegetable broth
1 cup Arborio rice
2 medium yellow squash
1/2 cup frozen, thawed petite peas
1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil margarine
Freshly ground pepper
1. Wash squash & cut into 1/2 moons about a 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
2. In a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven, heat olive oil, & add onion & garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Stir in the rice, & cook 2 minutes until opaque. Add wine & stir until absorbed.
4. Ladle broth into rice, one ladleful at a time, stirring frequently over medium heat, after each addition. Wait until broth is almost completely absorbed before adding more.
5. After about 15 minutes, add squash & peas. Continue stirring & adding broth until the vegetables are tender & the rice is al dente but looks creamy, about 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, add fresh basil, margarine & stir. Season with fresh black pepper & garnish with more fresh basil. For a little extra brightness, top each dish with fresh lemon zest.