Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 100 Calories, 4g Fat, 12.5g Protein
- 3 egg whites, and a tiny bit of yolk (maybe 1/4 of the yolk)
- 1 Tbsp low fat organic milk
- Sprinkle of salt (to taste)
- Sprinkle of black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- Optional: handful diced baby spinach
1. Combine salt, pepper, eggs and milk in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk until just blended (do not overbeat).
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds and turmeric; cook 30 seconds or until seeds pop, stirring frequently. Add onions; cook 30 seconds or until soft, stirring frequently. Add tomato, bell pepper and spinach; cook 1 minute or until very soft, stirring frequently.
3. Lower heat to medium. Pour egg mixture into pan; spread evenly. Cook until edges begin to set (about 2 minutes). Slide front edge of spatula between edge of omelet and pan. Gently lift edge of omelet, tilting pan to allow some uncooked egg mixture to come in contact with pan. Repeat procedure on the opposite edge.
4. Continue cooking until center is just set (about 2 minutes). Loosen omelet with a spatula, and fold in half. Carefully slide omelet onto a plate. Enjoy!]]>