Hands-on time: 45 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked Kamut elbow macaroni or rotini pasta
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced into semi-circles
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf or Italian parsley
- 1/2 packed cup whole fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup verjus
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to remove sticky starches; drain well and set aside.
- Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and add peppers and onion in a single layer. Roast in oven until just browned but not soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer peppers and onion to a large bowl. Repeat with zucchini and eggplant in a single layer, then tomatoes; once roasted, add to bowl with peppers and onion.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, blend all vinaigrette ingredients into a smooth liquid.
- Add pasta and vinaigrette to bowl with vegetables and toss well to coat evenly. Top with cheese and serve.
Nutrients per 1-cup serving: Calories: 191, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 29 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 9 g, Sodium: 163 mg, Cholesterol: 8 mg]]>