Slow the BeyondBarre Warm-up WAY DOWN to get the tension reducing benefits of this stress relieving technique.
Head and Neck
In BeyondBarre Stance, take three breaths melting the tension away with each exhalation. Return your head to the upright center position before moving on to the next movement.
– Lower your chin to your chest. Let the weight of your head stretch the back of your neck. Hold for three breaths.
– Look as far as you can over your right shoulder. Hold for 3 breaths.
– Look as far as you can over your left shoulder. Hold for 3 breaths.
– Drop your right ear to your right shoulder. Hold for 3 breaths
– Drop your left ear to your left shoulder. Hold for 3 breaths
Arms and Hands
In BeyondBarre Stance, arms extended out in front of you:
– Bending from the wrist, move the hands back and fourth from the wrists. Repeat three times.
– Alternate stretching your fingers, then close to a fist. Repeat three times.
– Rotate your wrists articulating through the fingers. Reverse. Repeat three times in each direction.
In BeyondBarre Stance:
– Raise one shoulder toward your ear as you inhale. On the exhale, with gravity, release your shoulder down. Repeat three times.
– Move one shoulder forward as you inhale and back as you exhale, return it to the starting position. Repeat three times.
– Repeat the sequence on the opposite side.
– Bring both shoulders up towards your ears, hold, and then drop your shoulders down as you exhale. Repeat three times.
Feet and Legs
With one leg lifted, holding onto the barre:
– Curl and extend the toes. Repeat three times.
– Alternate flexing and point the foot articulating through the ankle. Repeat three times.
– Circle the ankles to the right as if drawing circles with your toes. Repeat three times in each direction.